St. Anthony’s Medical Center in St. Louis recognized National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by hosting a free special event for women Oct. 22.
The “Go Pink and Red for Women” event at the Holiday Inn South County Center celebrated women’s breast and heart health.
Activities included interactive health information booths, nutrition and fitness tips, and discussions about breast and heart health, including the opportunity to ask health-related questions of experts. Participants were entered into a drawing to win “Lady in Red” and “Lady in Pink” prizes. A series of speakers presented programs throughout the day on topics including:
• Exercise to Improve Heart Health and Help Prevent Cancer
• Coping with Mental Road Blocks: What It Means to Be a Woman and a Survivor
• Heart Health and Risk Factors
• Looking Good, Feeling Better
• Breast Health Road Map — “Karen’s Story”