U.S. News and World Report has announced its Best Grad Schools in nursing based on 2011 data. Within the top 50 are 10 West regional nursing schools.
University of Washington in Seattle tied with two other schools for first place. Fourth place was given to University of California, San Francisco, while Oregon Health and Science University in Portland tied with three other schools for seventh place. Arizona State University in Phoenix and UCLA came in at No. 21 with nine other schools.
University of Arizona in Tucson came in at No. 32 with three other schools. The University of Portland, University of San Diego, University of San Francisco and Washington State University in Spokane share No. 50 with 10 other schools across the nation.
Other West regional winners include:
• No. 79 — California State University in Los Angeles, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque
• No. 99 — Gonzaga University in Spokane, Wash., Loma Linda (Calif.) University, Mount St. Marys College in Los Angeles, University of Nevada in Las Vegas
• No. 127 — Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Wash., Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, Calif., San Diego State University, Seattle Pacific University, Seattle University
• No. 166 — San Francisco State University, Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, Calif.
• No. 193 — California State University in Long Beach, Sacramento (Calif.) State, New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, San Jose (Calif.) State University, University of Nevada in Reno
• No. 265 — Azusa (Calif.) Pacific University, Holy Names University in Oakland, Calif.
• No. 295 — California State University in Dominguez Hills, California State University in Fullerton, Dominican University of California in San Rafael
• No. 332 — California State University in Chico, California State University in Fresno, Touro University in Henderson, Nev.
• No. 411 — California State University in Bakersfield, Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif.
• No. 435 — Grand Canyon University in Phoenix
The number of nursing schools surveyed in the data included 75 in healthcare management, 467 in nursing, 113 in nurse anesthesia, 38 in nurse-midwifery and 44 in public health.
For a full list of winners, visit www.USnews.com.